Thursday, June 2, 2011

PR: Simplicity 2614

Remember when I said I was going to share more pattern reviews?   Well, here is the first one! 


Pattern Description:  Misses Pull Over Tops with Separate Patterns for A,B,C,D Cup Sizes and Bias Skirt: Threads Collection


Pattern Sizing: 6-14, I cut a 14 and it fits perfect.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very easy - I followed them exactly

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the style of this top - it reminds me of a vintage style from the 40's.

Fabric Used:  I used a Swiss Dotted cotton from Joann's

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did not make any alterations. The only thing I did differently was when hemming - I pinked the very edge of the fabric and then turned it once and stitched. I found it to be too narrow if I tried folding it over twice. If I had a narrow hem foot, I would have done it that way, but this worked for me.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I would definitely sew it again and I recommend this to others for sure!

Conclusion:  I love how this pattern came out! I made it once before in a solid and I hated it, so I think it needs a print. This is a nice simple top to whip up for work.

2 comments:

Jennadesigns said...

What a great top! I'm always afraid to sew adult clothing from a pattern. Seems mine always come out too big. This looks great - I might have to give it a try again!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and you did a great job!