Sunday, June 29, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Finally a finished object! I just completed the Pleated Beauty Bag from Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. This bag is HUGE! I love a big bag though, so that's no problem. I really wanted to finish this fast, so I skipped putting in pockets. I probably should have put some in, as this bag is so big I will never find my cellphone or keys once it's filled up. The only other change I made was to use the exterior pieces (after pleating) as the pattern piece for the lining, instead of pleating the lining as well. I had to fiddle a lot with the interior and exterior to get them to fit together. I'm glad I didn't give up on the bag though because I'm really happy with it. Well, except for the bottom corners, they aren't perfect. I wish I still had some more of the yellow fabric to make some accessories like a zipper pouch and key fob. I have enough of the contrast fabric to do that though, so I will definitely make some things to match. All in all, a cute bag in fabric that I love...I'm off to fill it up!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
I might not use the last pattern, I really want to do a fuller skirt. I had another skirt that I wanted to use, but I'm missing the pattern pieces. I'll have to wait for Simplicity patterns to go on sale! Now I have to chose my fabrics. Still not sure what I want to use, so I'm going to think about it some more before I buy.
I also cut out the pieces for the Pleated Beauty Bag and started sewing it up. Unfortunately, the heat is getting to me and I'm going to stop now and go swimming. I'm hoping to sew this bag up this week though!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Sunday, June 1, 2008
1. Pleated Beauty Bag from Bend the Rules Sewing. I have been wanting to make this bag, but couldn't decide on a fabric combination until I saw this one. Hunting began for the Zazu fabric and once I found it, I ordered it right away!
2. Anna Tunic. I know, I know, I have mentioned this before. I need to trace the pattern and make up a muslin. I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the month.
3. Bags, Bags and more Bags. Besides the Pleated Beauty, I want to make this one, this one and the Charming Handbag from Bend the Rules. Also, I saw a water bottle bag in this book that I would like to try. I also bought 2 New Look patterns for bags, one which uses the bamboo handles, which I love. I need more bags!
4. Easy summer skirts and tank tops. I'm thinking this pattern might be what I follow for the skirts and this one for the tops. They will be great when it's hazy, hot and humid in August!
5. A few small projects, like this doll, this scarf, and this clutch.
That's all I'm going to list for now. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself! I know it seems like a lot, but I think I can do it. I would also like to spend some time embroidering and possible start learning crochet. I'll revisit this post during the summer months and show my progress!!