Sunday, March 2, 2008

Organization


Not much sewing has been going on around here since my new machine has not arrived yet. However, I have done some cleaning up and reorganizing in my sewing room. Here is a before picture of my fabric:





Here is the after shot, I can finally see everything I have:



I also reorganized my notions basket. I have a small craft store's worth of items in here:




I did start on a secret project (it's a gift and I'm not sure if the recipient reads this or not) on my mother's machine, a Kenmore, which runs so great! I can't believe how much I miss having my own machine, so thanks, Mom, for letting me borrow yours!!! My machine should be here tomorrow so I'm excited! I probably won't have everything made for my Florida trip that I wanted, but that's ok, as long as my gift is done I will be happy.


In other creative news, I have decided to start a photo project. I'm calling it Photo a Day and my goal is to take at least one photo every day and post it on my flickr page. I'm hoping this will help me to look at everyday things and see them in a more creative light. Also I think it will help me learn more about taking and editing photos. You can follow my progress here.
Photos to come next week of my secret gift and some Florida projects!

No comments: