Sunday, December 19, 2010

Butterscotch Coconut Cookies


I've been doing some Christmas baking. On Sunday I made these along with some Red Velvet Cookies and some Peanut Butter Blossoms. These are soooo good! I got the recipe from a girl I work with and I have been dying to try it out - easy and delicious! My kitchen doesn't have any natural lighting, so the picture came out a little funny, but trust me - you have to try these!!

1 1/3 cups flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup light brown sugar

1 large egg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 7 oz. bag sweetened shredded coconut

1 bag of butterscotch chips

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  • Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
  • In a large bowl, cream butter til fluffy and pale yellow. Add the sugars and continue beating until the mixture is no longer gritty. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
  • Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix til blended.
  • Add coconut and butterscotch, mix.
  • Bake 13-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alyssa Bee said...

I love butterscotch! I'm bookmarking this post :)