Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year...New Books!


One of my favorite things to do is to go to my local bookstore and browse through the craft section. Then I come home and purchase what I want on amazon.com. The prices there are amazing! These two books are my latest purchase and I'm so happy with them both.

First is Sew What! Fleece. I have Sew What! Skirts and I love the way it was written. Sew What! Fleece did not disappoint. I only glanced at it in the store, so I was so excited to see all the projects that the book included. The only drawback is that, as with "Skirts," the projects in "Fleece" do not come with patterns, they need to be drawn out by the reader. However, the projects in this book are so cute, it will be worth the extra time.

The next book is SEW: Sew Everything Workshop. This book, by Diana Rupp, founder of Make Workshop in NYC, is a must have for a beginner. The projects will satisfy many though, and the book includes ten designs (yes, ten!) and most of them come in an envelope which is included. Both books are spiral bound, which is fantastic for using while sewing. Make Workshop is now on my list of places to visit. Now, I just need some pattern paper and some patience.....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: